By using these forums you are agreeing to follow our Forum Rules. The NoFollow tag is enabled. Trolling will not be tolerated.

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

MaCC Two Years Old - Summer Update!
matthew
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 10:34:46 AM

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ModeratorCalorie, Registered

MaCC just turned two years old! Woo Hoo! Suppose it's about time for an update ; )

Whats going on?
It's been a while since I last gave an official update, I've been very busy ; ). I graduated SOU last December and for the last six months I have been building www.UnityInGrace.com, in which I completed last week.

Now this is would be the time that I would spend the next couple months updating MaCC with new features, many needed updates and changes. Buuuuut I have ran into a financial wall (like a lot of other people). So to pay the bills, on July 5th I start work at ShareFaith.com as the sites lead engineer/architect. An opportunity that was too good to pass up. This is going to severally diminish my development time. MANY MaCC updates are coming in, but may be a trickle for a while until I get my personal life in order.

Financially
Speaking of financial walls ; ), I did not build this site to become rich, but to provide a helpful FREE weight loss tool. I was hoping with Ads and Donations the site would pay for itself. The problem is its cost me about $10,000 so far with not much in return (ouch). PPC Ads and Donations don't even come close to paying for the expenses of the site let alone anything else. So I am now forced to either close it down or convert to a paid model. I am choosing the later, and not sure what or when this will happen. Maybe before the first of the year. I'll give the site a few more months of "freedom", maybe move the donation tab around and see what happens (for the last two years I have only received $40 in donations).

Donations

Upcoming Updates:
With that gloomy news out of the way, there are allot of changes and updates incoming.

When I do have the time I have going to be implementing the following changes:

-FaceBook
FaceBook integration. Soon you will be able to log in with your Facebook account and many other FB tools.

-Weight Loss Tickers
The ticker page is going to be rebuilt from the ground up, with customization options like never before. Please see the Signature Creator for UnityInGrace to give you an idea.

-Support Groups
Support Groups are also going to be rebuilt, providing MUCH more functionality and capabilities.

-Journals
These will be changing to a more personal setting. More on this later.

-Diet Blogs
These work like normal blogs. Everyone will get their personal blog with the ability to place their own Google ads on. More on this later...

-Weigh In Pictures with Slide Shows
Yes these are coming, no really, they are!

-Comments
All comment boxes are being upgraded with text editors ; )

Other
-Incremental Serving Sizes (decimals)
-"Total" manual exercise entries
-Body Measurement Recordings
-and a ton of behind the scene fixes....

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

-Matthew
Sponsor