By using these forums you are agreeing to follow our Forum Rules. The NoFollow tag is enabled. Trolling will not be tolerated.

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

Need Advice
bonnierae5555
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 4:50:07 PM

Groups: Registered

I'm a first-time user of this site and I desparately need advise on how to shed about 70+ pounds. I've been sick with a heart disease and diabetes for the last 10 years and MUST lose weight to protect my health. Since I live in a small town, there are no other programs that I can access. Can anyone help?
Sponsor  

matthew
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:51:43 PM

Groups: Admin, Administrators, ModeratorCalorie, Registered

Hey Bonnie, Welcome!

The best advice I could give you is to listen to your doctor ; ).

Besides that, weight loss is a little different for everyone. Start out slow and work your self up to it, don't starve yourself!

Try creating a support group, leave it open so others can join. You never know ; ).

If you have any other questions about this site, feel free to ask!

-Matthew
Paula Jo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 7:41:02 AM

Hi Bonnie,
The best I can offer to the already great advice is to be positive. A positve attitude goes a very long way when losing weight AND dealing with health issues. I learned this from my dad and how he's always faced trials in his life. He now has a defribrilator but I call him the 'energizer bunny' because he never gives up and keeps on going, doing whatever his limitations allow. My mom was always the negative one...until she surprised us 3 years ago when she was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. She was so positive through her treatment. I know it was a major factor in her beating it.

I guess what I want to say is very simply, 'you can do this'. Don't ever doubt yourself. You're goal is a happy one, so picture yourself there. Keep in mind, though, that long term goals can be overwhelming, so set intermediate goals to keep yourself going. And remember a little something my husband and I were sure to teach our kids - We're all human and we all make mistakes, but a mistake doesn't make you a failure; a mistake is simply an opportunity to learn. So if you falter, don't beat yourself up. Just put your mind to figuring out how to avoid it the next time.

I wish you the very best on your journey. "All things are possible to those who believe".
Paula
gemilori
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 7:08:59 AM

Hi Bonnie,

You can do this I have faith in you. I follow a eat clean diet. If you search the internet you will find lots of info. This has worked great for me. It is proven to maintain weight loss.

Don't be so hard on yourself if you fall off the wagon. Just pick up, dust off and tomorrow is a new day!!!

Start off slowly, i would say first eliminate all processed sugar!..Then go from there. Make small goals for yourself. Slowly introduce more veggies into your diet. Drink lots of water.

Hope this helps!

Chin up!!!

Cheers
ethompson
#5 Posted : Monday, January 03, 2011 10:37:29 AM

Hi Bonnie, it has been a difficult time for me and i was 100 lbs over weight a year ago. i joined this site today and i see many that have a goal to get healthier. i underwent lap band surgery but it may not be the thing for everyone. i chose this way to assist me in the amount of food that i take in at one time. it is not a quick fix by no means i had to change my lifestyle and be accountable for everything that i ate. i want to live as long as i can because i have children. i hated what i was doing to myself but i had to admit i was addicted to food, i loved to eat. now i had to find enjoyment in something else. the winter time is hard for me because i have fibromyalgia, but i love to go to the gym and go when i can, i dred getting out of the house but when i go im glad i went and i feel like the more i do the less i eat. the best thing i can say is take the time to note the amount of calories you are eating. if you keep telling yourself you will start tomorrow you will never start. determination, dedication, and domination. be determined to change, be dedicated to the lifestyle change, dominate your life, take control, you and only you have the power to do what should and can be done.